The governing body is a Board of honorary Directors
The Board of honorary Directors conduct the business of the Garden, together with the caretakers and administration officer. Thousands of hours of voluntary work are gladly given to the Garden each year, and each year more people offer to help the Directors realise the ideals of the Garden’s mission statement.
Charitable Purposes and powers
* To foster the preservation of Australian native plant species, in particular vulnerable and endangered species from arid, semi-arid and dry tropics.
* To foster the preservation of areas of the natural environment and maintain the biodiversity of this bioregion.
* To preserve and share the environmental, historical, cultural and botanical significance of Myall Park Botanic Garden.
* To provide members of the public with access to Myall Park Botanic Garden for recreational purposes and to promote an appreciation of Dave Gordon’s legacy, the collection of plants from Australia, the continual renewal of specimens and thus encourage its preservation
* To collect, wherever possible and practical, seed and cuttings of Australian native species with emphasis on conservation and species diversity.
* To co-operate with other Botanic Gardens, like minded institutions and interest groups, in the sharing and exchange of plant material and information.
* To establish and maintain a public fund to be called Myall Park Botanic Garden Gift Fund for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objects/purposes of Myall Park Botanic Garden. The Fund is established to receive all gifts of money or property for this purpose and any money received because of such gifts must be credited to its bank account. The Fund must not receive any other money or property into its account and it must comply with sub division 30E of the Income Assessment Act 1997.